Sunday, March 2, 2014

Final Poem and reflection

A Friend



It’s a small place
bright, but small.
There was always that one friend that would run to me
play with me
hug me at troubled times.
When our eyes meet
there’s a collision of warmth
happiness
friendship.










Reflection:

The process of writing a poem was very much different to me because I had to be open up in my details. I learned that writing poems include being descriptive, that was the number one thing I had problems with when making a story, allowing the reader to paint a picture in his or her mind. I want them to think about it as if they were dreaming. This unit on poetry has truly helped me develop my skills in detail. In addition, the process was definitely challenging for me because I needed some inspiration. I first started out with paintings I have found on the internet. Finally I see a little girl with a bunny and decided to create something out of those two subjects.

In this unit I’ve learned that writing poems most importantly needs to include imagery for it be understood. To me poetry reflects life because it paints an image in your mind, and it almost seems that you are in what’s being read.  Our last lesson before the poetry was due was most memorable to me because it has taught me a lot on how to be more specific and include details on what the setting is etc. We used words such as why, how, what, where, and many other words to describe the setting better. Poetry has taught be how to become a better writer when it comes to understanding (theme) and details about why it’s being written.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Tai, I really liked your poem. I liked how it was short and sweet but descriptive. I also liked how you added that picture to pull the whole poem together. Overall, I think you did a WONDERFUL JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete